Choice of Country for Beneficiaries to Study: Russia, China, Morocco, Turkey, Algeria, Romania, Serbia, Japan, Ukraine, Cuba, Greece, Czech Republic, Syria, Macedonia, Mexico, Egypt, Tunisia etc.
Accepted Subject Areas
- Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc; and
- Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and Ph.D) in all fields.
- Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Ukraine, Japan, Macedonia; and
- Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, e.t.c.
• Undergraduate Scholarship:
- All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secoundary School Certificate, WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
- Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2015 & 2016).
- Age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
- All applicants must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
- The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria.
- All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C.
- Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
• All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship must visit the website: www.stipendumhungaricum.hu.
Application Deadline: The 2017/2018 BEA interviews are between Monday 13th February – Thursday 16th February 2017 across the six geopolitical zones. Candidates are advised to apply online before these dates.
The participating countries are responsible for the tuition and accommodation, while Nigeria government takes care of supplement, warm clothing, health insurance, research grant where applicable and take off.
DURATION OF SCHOLARSHIP
The duration of the scholarship offer ranges from 4- 9 years depending on the level of study and the country.
Interview Dates and Zones (Venues):
North West: Location of interview is Kasu Main Campus
- Mon 13th Feb: Sokoto and Zamfara states
- Tues 14th Feb: Kano and Kebbi states
- Wed 15th Feb: Jigawa and Katsina states
- Thurs 16th Feb: Kaduna state
- Mon 13th Feb: Borno and Yobe states
- Tues 14th Feb: Bauchi and Gombe states
- Wed 15th Feb: Adamawa state
- Thurs 16th Feb: Taraba state
- Mon 13th Feb: Benue state and FCT
- Tues 14th Feb: Niger and Plateau states
- Wed 15th Feb: Nasarawa and Kwara state
- Thurs 16th Feb: Kogi state
- Mon 13th Feb: Osun and Ondo states
- Tues 14th Feb: Lagos and Ogun states
- Wed 15th Feb: Ekiti state
- Thurs 16th Feb: Oyo state
- Mon 13th Feb: Cross River and Rivers states
- Tues 14th Feb: Akwa Ibom and Bayelsa states
- Wed 15th Feb: Edo state
- Thurs 16th Feb: Delta state
- Mon 13th Feb: Anambra state
- Tues 14th Feb: Imo state
- Wed 15th Feb: Abia and Enugu states
- Thurs 16th Feb: Ebonyi state
- Two sets of Photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonials of previous schools attended with the originals for sighting;
- One certificate is accepted i.e WAEC of May/June only; • Statement of results must be confirmed by WAEC and forwarded to the Director/Secretary, Federal Scholarship Board, Abuja;
- Two copies of Birth certificate
- State of Origin/LGA certificate duly signed, stamped and dated;
- Four (4) passport sized coloured photographs on white background;
- Academic transcripts and NYSC certificates will be required from applicants for Postgraduate Studies.
- Photocopies of Authenticated academic certificates;
- Data page of current International passport, and
- Specified Medical Reports & Police clearance certificate.
Sponsors: The Federal Government of Nigeria through the Federal Ministry Of Education, through the Federal Scholarship Board (FSB), Plot 245 Samuel Ademulegun Street Central Business District, Abuja
Kindly Click Here to Visit and Like our Facebook Page or follow us on TWITTER (@scholarshipNG), BB Channel (C001A507B) for prompt updates on more opportunities