Application Closes: April 30
The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy Abuja invites applications from qualified Nigerians wishing to teach Hausa or Yoruba languages and cultures to American students in U.S. universities and colleges.
The Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA) program is a nine month non-degree course funded by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs and administered by the Institute of International Education. The objective of the program is to strengthen foreign language instruction at U.S. colleges, universities, and some high schools, while providing future teachers from abroad the opportunity to refine their skills, increase their English language proficiency, and expand their knowledge of U.S. society and culture. FLTA fellows must return to their home countries upon completion of their programs to teach English at the secondary or university level.
All applications must meet the following criteria:
- Applications must be completed and submitted online.
- Applicants should request that the academic office of their institution send a stamped copy of their transcripts in a sealed envelope to: The Public Affairs Section, U.S. Embassy, Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central Area, Abuja, Attention: Cultural Affairs Officer.
- Other documents to be submitted include academic credentials, signed and stamped letters of reference, and the photo page of a valid Nigerian passport.
- The application can be accessed at: http://apply.embark.com/student/fulbright/flta.
- Applicants must be teachers of English or in training to become teachers of English.
- Applicants must possess a university degree in English, Language Arts, or combined honors.
- Applicants must be fluent in English, demonstrated by a TOEFL score of 79-80 (Internet based testing) or 6.0 (overall score International English Language Testing System-IELTS).
- Applicants must be between 21 and 29 years old at the time of application.
- Applicants must demonstrate maturity, dependability, integrity and professionalism.
- Applicants must be physically present in their home country throughout the nomination and selection process.
Kindly Click Here to Visit and Like our Facebook Page or follow us on TWITTER (@scholarshipNG), BB Channel (C001A507B) for prompt updates on more opportunities