THEME: "Creating the Future We Want"
Future begins with the vision we hold now. What kind of future do you wish to create for yourself and the world? Please share your dream and ideas for making it a reality.
1. Essays may be submitted by anyone up to 25 years old (as of June 30, 2012) in one of the following age categories:
a) Children (ages up to 14) b) Youth (ages 15 - 25)
2. Essays must be 800 words or less in English, French, Spanish or German; or 1600 characters or less in Japanese, typed or printed.
3. Essays must have a cover page indicating
(1) category (Children or Youth) (2) essay title (3) your name (4) address (5) phone number (6) e-mail (7) nationality (8) age as of June 30, 2012 (9) gender (10) school name (if applicable) (11) word count.
Teachers and youth directors may submit a collection of essays from their class or group. Please enclose a list of participants' names and the name and contact information of the submitting teacher or director.
* Entries missing any of the above information will not be considered.
4. Entries may be submitted by postal mail or online.
* IMPORTANT: To send your essay online, you must go to the online registration page at www.goipeace.or.jp and follow the required steps.
5. Essays must be original and unpublished.
6. Essays must be written by one person. Co-authored essays are not accepted.
7. Copyright of the essays entered will be assigned to the organizers.
DEADLINE: Entries must be received by June 30, 2012.
The following awards will be given in the Children’s category and Youth category respectively:
1st Prize: Certificate and prize of 100,000 Yen (approx. US $1,300) ... 1 entrant
2nd Prize: Certificate and prize of 50,000 Yen (approx. US $650) ... 2 entrants
3rd Prize: Certificate and gift ... 5 entrants
Honorable Mention: Certificate and gift
... 25 entrants
* 1st prize winners will be invited to the award ceremony in Tokyo, Japan scheduled for November 2012. (Travel expenses will be covered by the organizers.)
** All prize winners will be announced in November 2012 on the Goi Peace Foundation web site (www.goipeace.or.jp) and UNESCO web site (www.unesco.org/youth). Certificates and gifts will be mailed to the winners in December.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR ESSAY