Sunday, August 26, 2012
Federal Govt. Subsidy Re-investment and Empowerment Programme, Graduate Internship Scheme 2012.
Invitation For Expression Of Interest For The Graduate Internship Scheme Of The Community Services, Women And Youth Employment Programme Under The Social Safety Net Component
Subsidy Re-investment and Empowerment Programme (SURE-P) Graduate Internship Recruitment 2012
1.) In line with Mr. President’s promise to mitigate the spate of youth unemployment in the country through the re-investment of the subsidy funds, the Federal Government has initiated the graduate Internship Scheme under the Social Safety net component of Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment Programme (SURE-P). The ultimate goal is to reduce unemployment among graduates and stimulate economic growth, as part of priority transformation agenda of the current administrative, while also enhancing opportunities towards the attainment of Vision 2020.
2.) The scheme has the objective to create opportunities for unemployed graduates to be engaged for a period of one (1) year in reputable firms and institutions, to enable them acquire skills and experience and enhance their employability. The scheme would be a form of partnership with firms and institutions in which they get free labour and undertake to groom and mentor the interns to acquire skills on the job experience while government pays stipends to the interns. This will help equip graduates towards meeting the demands of employers in the current labour market. Interns would be deployed to firms and institutions in their areas of residence for convenience.
3.) Interns would be deployed according to the relevance of their discipline to the firms. This will not only improve manpower development but will also broaden the applicant’s expertise. And these interns would be under close supervision for the period, to ensure dilligence.
4.) Eligibilty Criteria:
The scheme targets unemployed graduates (males and females not more than 40 years of age) who are willing to be engaged for a temporary period of one year in firms and institutions to acquire skills;
Applicants must have completed a degree/HND
Applicants must have completed the mandotory NYSC or exempted
5.) How To Apply:
The Federal Government of Nigeria hereby invites interested unemployed graduates to express interest in the scheme by visiting www.wyesurep.gov.ng to complete and submit application forms online.
The application shall be processed on first come first serve basis for up to 50,000 interns and selection will be merit-based. Please note that all information will be verified before consideration for placement.
This advertisement is published for information purposes only and should not be construed as a commitment or obligation on the part of SURE-P to award a job contract.
SURE-P will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by any interested applicant in connection with submission of an application or any response to an inquiry.
SURE-P is not bound to shortlist any applicant and reserves the right to reject or annul the application process at any time without incurring any liability and assigning any reason there for;
Only shortlisted applicants will be considered and contacted.
7.) Further Enquiries:
Phone: 09 – 2913452
09 – 2913454
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the United Kingdom for the citizens of developing Commonwealth countries is now open for the 2013/2014 session. The prestigious scholarships cover full tuition fees, maintenance fund to study at a UK university as well as a return air ticket to the scholar’s home country.
Eligibility: To apply for the awards covered in this prospectus, candidates should:
– Be Commonwealth citizens, refugees, or British protected persons
– Be permanently resident in a Commonwealth country other than the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man
– Be available to commence their academic studies in the United Kingdom by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2013
– Hold, by October 2013, a first degree of upper second class Honours standard (or above); or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification, which will normally be a Master’s degree
– For clinical training in the fields of medicine and dentistry, have qualified as a doctor or dentist between 1 October 2003 and 30 September 2008.
How to Apply:
– All applications must be made through your nominating agency (or university/university body, if applicable) in your home country. You must check with them in the first instance for specific advice on how to make an application and for their own closing date. The CSC cannot accept any applications direct from candidates.
– The CSC expects all Commonwealth Scholarship candidates to be nominated by an approved nominating agency/university/university body, and to have completed an application form using our Electronic Application System (EAS).
– Full help on how to apply using the EAS is provided in our Commonwealth Scholarships 2013 prospectus guides, which should be read in full before making any attempt to use the EAS.
For the following categories of award…
– 12-36 months’ support towards completion of either a full-time taught or a doctoral post graduate qualification at an eligible UK institution. These awards are open to those candidates nominated either by the Vice Chancellor/Executive Head of their employing institution or by the appointed agency in their home country
– 12 months’ non-degree study in the United Kingdom on a Split-Site basis to aid the completion of a doctoral degree undertaken at a university in the candidate’s home country
– 6 months’ clinical training in medicine or dentistry (available only to candidates from developing countries). These awards are open to candidates nominated by their Vice Chancellor/ Executive Head or by the appointed agency in the home country
– citizens of Seychelles can apply for undergraduate funding through their national nominating agency.
Nominations can be made through the following channels
– The candidate’s national Commonwealth Scholarship agency. This is the main route of application and a full list of Commonwealth Scholarship agency addresses can be accessed from the link below
– The Executive Head of an eligible developing country university on whose staff the applicant serves
– Selected non-governmental organisations, charitable bodies and development partnerships
Selection Criteria: Applications are considered according to the following selection criteria:
– Academic merit of the candidate
– The quality of the proposal
– For those candidates from developing Commonwealth countries (i.e. all others), the likely impact of the work on the development of the candidate’s home country.
Each Scholarship provides:
– Student concessionary or other approved airfare to the United Kingdom and return on expiry of the Scholarship
– Approved tuition and examination fees
– A personal maintenance allowance at the rate of £882 per month (£1091 per month for those studying at institutions in the London Metropolitan area)
– A grant towards the expenses of preparing a thesis or dissertation, where applicable
– An initial arrival allowance, incorporating an initial clothing grant for Scholars from tropical countries
– A grant for expenses for approved travel within the United Kingdom or overseas
– A grant towards fieldwork costs for those Scholars undertaking doctoral studies for whom a case has been made for fieldwork outside the United Kingdom. This shall not normally exceed one economy class return airfare to the fieldwork location
– A paid mid-term fare to their home country for Scholars on three year doctoral awards. Scholars for whom fieldwork fares are provided to their home country shall not be entitled to a mid-term fare home, nor Scholars who have claimed (or intend to claim) spouse or child allowances for more than 12 months during their award
– For married Scholars selected by the Commission for awards exceeding 18 months, a marriage allowance of £220 per month is payable provided that the husband and wife (or civil partners) are residing together at the same address in the United Kingdom
– Similar awards may not be held concurrently.
Scholarship Application Deadline:
– All candidates must complete and submit their applications through the Electronic Application System on or before December 7, 2012. You can start your application early, save and complete it when you have all the information requested.
– Nominating Agencies are expected to submit their nominations in electronic format latest by December 21, 2012.
Visit the Commonwealth Scholarships for Developing Commonwealth Countries Webpage for more information about this Scholarship.
Monday, August 13, 2012
The Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship Board announces Four Million Naira Scholarship for Forty Nigerian Students in Nigeria tertiary institution. Applicants are invited for the 2012 Chief Gani Fawehinmi Annual Scholarship for Nigerians Awards. This year’s award is for 20 students each of whom will receive One hundred Thousand Naira (N100,000) for their education.
Accepted Subject Areas?
All courses offered at Nigerian higher institutions are eligible
Undergraduate scholarships for Nigerian Students
Who is qualified to apply?
Applicants must be poor and indigent
Applicants must be registered students of tertiary institutions in Nigeria i.e universities, polytechnics and colleges of education
Applicants must have good academic performance
How Many Funding Positions are available?
What are the benefits?
Each of the 20 scholarship winners will receive One hundred Thousand Naira (N100,000)
How long will sponsorship last?
Scholarship is a onetime financial award
Eligible African Countries
To be taken at: Nigerian higher institutions including Universities, Polytechnics and College of Education
Application Closing Date
Application Ends By Deadline 20 August 2012
Offered annually? Yes
Method of Application
Each applicant shall submit an application letter, not more than two pages. The letter must include the name of the candidate, course and year of study, state of origin and why the candidate believes that he or she should be given the award,
The application letter must be accompanied by:
A photocopy of the candidates current identity card
A letter from the candidates current head of department, including correct information on the candidates CGPA for the last academic session
A letter from the registrar certifying that the candidate is a student of the institution
A copy of the candidates registration form for the current semester and
Two current passport photographs
NOTE: Students who have once won the scholarship are not eligible
The application letter, with all the supporting documents, should be forwarded by hand or postal delivery to:
Gani Fawehinmi scholarship board
Nigerian law publications house, Otunba Jobi Fele way, C.B.D Alausa Ikeja,
P.O.Box 80279, Lafiaji, Lagos
Or Gani Fawehinmi scholarship board c/o Dr. Mike Okoro, Dept of Philosophy, Imo State University Owerri
Or Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship Board
c/o Dr. Clement Chup, Chairman, ASUU university of Abuja, ASUU, Secretariat, University of Abuja mini campus, Gwagwalada.
Interview date is as follows
Owerri: 27/8/12 at ASUU secretariat, owerri at 10am
Abuja: 3/9/12 at ASUU national secretariat, main campus, permanent site, university of Abuja, airport road at 10am
Lagos: 12/9/12 at Nigerian law publications house, Otunba Jobi Fele way, C.B.D Alausa, Ikeja Lagos at 10am
Seven Up Bottling Company Plc is offering a full scholarship to a Nigerian resident in the country to study for an MBA at the Harvard Business School (HBS). Every year, a Nigeria will be awarded the scholarship to enjoy high quality education at the prestigious university. The scholarship was initiated in 2011 as part of the 50th anniversary celebration of the company in accordance with its vision of a “greener future.” The link to the scholarship announcement on HBS website can be found below.
Worth of the Scholarship: It covers tuition, board, and travel allowance throughout the two-year MBA programme
Start of the Programme: September each year.
Eligibility: To be considered for the scholarship:
-you must be a Nigerian citizen
-you must be resident in Nigeria
-you must have gained admission into the Harvard Business School MBA Program
How to Apply
Once you have gained admission into the MBA programme, send a copy of you admission letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be contacted on the next steps.
Or you can email them to know about their deadline.
It is important to bear in mind that the MBA programme admission circle at Harvard is usually from October to April.
To apply for admission, visit the HBS online application page by clicking here.
The next application admission deadline is September 24, 2012.
The Swiss government is offering a number of postgraduate scholarships for Nigerian graduate students who wish to study for PhD, Postdoctoral or postgraduate research at Universities and federal institutes of technology and research institutes in Switzerland 2013/2014.
The scholarships are in three categories and are all open for Nigerian Students:
1. Swiss Government Excellence Research Scholarships for foreign students
2. Swiss Government Excellence PhD Scholarships for foreign students
3. Swiss Government Excellence Postdoctoral Scholarships for foreign researchers
To enable selected applicants to undertake a Research in the realm of their PhD or their Medical specialization in one of the 10 Swiss Public Universities, the two Swiss Federal Institutes of Technology, the public teaching and research institutes and the Universities of applied sciences
To enable selected applicants to undertake a PhD in one of the 10 Swiss Public Universities, the two Swiss Federal Institutes of Technology and public teaching and research institutes
To enable selected applicants to undertake a Postdoctoral Research in one of the 10 Swiss Public Universities, the two Swiss Federal Institutes of Technology, the public teaching and research institutes and the Universities of applied sciences
The Scholarship is only valid for a full time Research, full time PhD Studies or full time Postdoctoral Research in Switzerland. It is not valid for mixed Research (part time in Switzerland and part time in a third country)
Download the PDF Document below for more details on the Swiss Government Scholarship and how to get application.
Britain-Nigeria Educational Trust with CSFP endowment fund offer Commonwealth research Fellowship to citizens of any Commonwealth country (except Nigeria) at University of Ibadan, 2013
Accepted Subject Areas?
Any subject areas in which the University of Ibadan is engaged are eligible for the fellowship – further information on the academic interests of the university is available on the University of Ibadan website http://www.ui.edu.ng/.
One Commonwealth Fellowship is available at the University of Ibadan, Nigeria, thanks to a specific donation from the Britain-Nigeria Educational Trust to the CSFP endowment fund http://www.csfp-online.org/fund.html.
The BNET Commonwealth Fellowship will enable the successful candidate to undertake a programme of teaching and research at the University of Ibadan Nigeria for a period of up to three months. The Fellowship will be tenable at any time between November 2012 and July 2013.
The selected Fellow will conduct an agreed work programme in conjunction with a named department at the university – applicants should have the endorsement of their proposed host department at the time of their application.
Scholarship Type: Research Fellowship n Nigeria
Who is qualified to apply?
Applicants should be:
suitably qualified academics with an established record in their chosen discipline
from any Association of Commonwealth Universities – ACU member university
citizens of any Commonwealth country (except Nigeria)
There is no age restriction for applicants.
How Many Funding Positions are available? One
What are the benefits?
The BNET Commonwealth Fellowship will provide:
one return (economy) airfare
a living allowance
travel costs within Nigeria
agreed research and teaching costs (which can include library and other research materials) for the university
The total maximum value of the fellowship is GBP 8,000. It is expected that living accommodation will be provided by the university. Should this not be possible on the dates selected, however, an additional allowance of up to GBP 2,000 will be made to cover accommodation costs.
How long will sponsorship last? A period of up to three months
Eligible African Countries
Scholarship Open for International Students from Commonwealth country except Nigeria
To be taken at: University of Ibadan, Nigeria
Application Ends By 30 September 2012.
Offered annually? Not Specified
How can I Apply?
Applications should be made by the potential Fellow, but should have the endorsement of an existing department or research centre at the University of Ibadan.
Three copies of the form and three copies of all supporting documentation requested should be sent to:
Professor A I Olayinka
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic)
University of Ibadan
Please also notify the CSC at email@example.com that you have made an application.
How can I get more information?
If you need more Information about this scholarship, kindly visit the Scholarship Webpage
Britain-Nigeria Educational Trust
Important Notes: Selection will be undertaken by a committee of the university, and it is expected that the successful candidate will be notified by 31 October 2012
If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Unilever Nigeria Plc is set to engage and empower students in campuses across Nigeria by signing them up as campus brand ambassador for this fantastic brand.
The Brand Ambassadors will serve as liaison between their campuses and Unilever. They are required to come up with interesting and resourceful engagements within their campuses, advertise Unilever to the students as a great Brand and serve as a point of contact between the students and Unilever.
Unilever Campus ambassador are required to:
- Work closely with Unilever Employer brand team
- Host and organize events to bring awareness to Unilever brand
- Attend Unilever events as a Unilever representative
- Help Unilever to better understand your campus culture
- Build relationships on campus with faculty and student groups
- Spread Unilever goodwill to your fellow students
what are the requirements?
- Currently enrolled in a Nigerian University
- Pursuing a BA/BSc or MBA/MSc degree
- Sociable and actively involved in student life on campus
- Good relationship with school authorities
- Maintain a minimum CGPA of 3.0 (for 5.0 grading systems) or 5.0 (for a 7.0 grading system)
Unilever Campus Ambassador Benefits:
- Develop your intellectual, leadership and communication skills
- Interaction with Top Unilever managers
- Participate in Unilever events
- First consideration for internships and assessment centres
- Add the Unilever campus ambassador experience to your resume
- Quarterly product packs
- One academic school year subject to renewal based on active participation
- Approximately 20 hours a month
- 4 events a year
How To Apply:
Download the 2012 Unilever Campus Ambassador Programme Application Form (PDF).
Answer the following question: Using an essay, cartoons, poems , or a write-up, artistically develop a concept that captures the topic “Sustainable living”.
Send the scanned copy of the application form and your answer to the question to: email@example.com
Sunday, August 5, 2012
Please note the following:
• The selection test for the 2012 NLNG undergraduate scholarship scheme is scheduled to take place in - Port Harcourt, Lagos and Abuja as follows:
• Date: Saturday, 11th August 2012.
• Time: 09:00am prompt
Shortlisted candidates are to come to their designated centres with the following -
o Writing materials
o Original Letter of Invitation from NLNG
o Original Jamb/University Admission Letter
o Original WAEC result
o Student ID card
• Candidates are to take note of their Exam Numbers and provide such numbers on request at their designated centres.
Details of Exam Centres for selection tests are provided below:
1. Port Harcourt Centre A: Federal Government Girls’ College, Abuloma
2. Port Harcourt Centre B: The Atrium, Stadium Road
3. Lagos: Nigerian Law School, Victoria Island
4. Abuja: Nigerian National Merit Award, Merit House, Maitama.
Shortlisted Candidates for the 2012 NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme
SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT: N100,000.
LIST OF SHORTLISTED CANDITATES FOR THE 2012 PRESIDENTIAL SPECIAL SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR INNOVATION AND DEVELOPMENT
The Implementation Committee, Presidential Special Scholarship Scheme for Innovation and Development (PRESSID), is pleased to announce that the following candidates have been short-listed:
They are therefore invited to the next stage of the selection process, a computer-based test, scheduled as follows:
Venue: CHAMS PLC, 1st Avenue, behind Federal Character Commission, Central Area, Abuja.
Date: Monday, 13 August 2012
Time: 10.00am prompt
Professor Julius A. Okojie, OON
Chairman, Implementation Committee, PRESSID