The Bayelsa State Scholarship Board was established by an edict of the Bayelsa State House of Assembly/Parliament and signed into law by the then State Governor, Chief Diepreye S. P. Alameyeseigha on May 21,2003.
How to Apply
All interested applicants should:
1. Write a Motivational Essay of not more than one thousand (1000) words in his or her own freehand (hand written), scan and save it on your desktop or flash drive in readiness for attachment, when he or she is requiredto upload it.
2. Scan all needed and relevant documents, evidencing who the applicant is, and save same on the desktop or flash drive in readiness for attachment, when he or she is requiredto upload it.
3. Visit the website of the Bayelsa State Scholarship Board (BSB) – www.bssb-gov.org and go to the Application Portal.
4. Finally, apply and attach all relevant documents and submit.
i. If you are unable to finish the application form in one sitting, do not worry. You still have an opportunity to complete the application from whereveryou have stopped, at a later time.
ii. However, please note that the closingdate of the Application and buckle up to complete and submit it.
iii. Online Application is compulsory for all Applicants, including those applicants,who had earlier submitted manual/hard copies to the Scholarship Board.
iv. The Scholarship Board has deployed Electronic Scholarship Management System Facilities.
v. It is therefore necessary/compulsoryfor all applicants to comply.
vi. Only applications for Scholarship which has submitted online shall be considered, processed and forwarded to the relevant State Government Authorities for Approval.
Additional Requirements for Online Applications
- Passport Photograph of not more than 300kb
- Birth Certificate
- International Passport (Optional)
- Voter’s Registration Card (optional)
- Local Government Identification Letter
- O Level Certifcate
- Advance Level Certificate
- Jamb Certificate/score
- Certificate of Completion of Study/Program(Higher institution; e.g BSc, HND, etc)
- NYSC certificate (optional)
- Certificate of Professional Organization you belong to.
- Employment Document (Payslip/Appointment letter)
- Motivational (Handwriten) Words of not less than 1000 words (Compulsory)
If you have experienced any difficulties with filling a form before, do well to clear your system CACHE before proceeding with the application
Apply Now ;
CLICK HERE TO APPLY.