1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
2. Education background and age limit:
• Applicants for undergraduate program must have senior high school diploma with good academic performance and be under the age of 25.
• Applicants for master’s degree program must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
• Applicants for doctoral degree program must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
• Applicants for Chinese training program must have senior high school diploma and be under the age of 35, Chinese language is the only subject available.
• Applicants for general scholar program must have completed at least two years of undergraduate study and be under the age of 45, all subjects besides Chinese language are available.
• Applicants for senior scholar program must have master’s degree or above, or hold academic titles of associate professor or above, and be under the age of 50.
- Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, fee for laboratory experiment, fee for internship, fee for basic learning materials; and accommodation fee for dormitory on campus;v - Living allowance;
- One-off settlement subsidy after registration for new student;
- Fee for outpatient medical service, Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China;
- One-off inter-city travel subsidy.
Monthly allowance is granted to the students through the host institution at the following rates (CNY Yuan per month):
- Undergraduates & Chinese language students: CNY 1,400 Yuan
- Master’s degree students & general scholars: CNY 1,700 Yuan
- Doctoral degree students & senior scholars: CNY 2,000 Yuan
Scholarship students shall receive their monthly living allowance after registration.
New students will get a one-off settlement subsidy upon their arrival in China.
- CNY 1,000 Yuan for new students who will study in China for less than one academic year
- CNY 1,500 Yuan for new students who will study in China for one academic year and above
Scholarship Application Deadline: The deadline for the Chinese Government scholarship is Jan - April 2013 (annual).
Visit the Chinese Government Scholarships for International Students Webpage for more information about how to apply for this schoalarship.