DAAD Scholarship Programmes have benefited hundreds of African students since inception. The scholarship is offered to students from developing countries and is also available for Nigerian Students.
This scholarship is awarded each year to postgraduate students
wishing to study for a Master’s or PhD degree. The DAAD scholarships can
support students who want to study in their country (In Country
Scholarships) or abroad.
DAAD does not sponsor undergraduate studies for Nigerian Students.
Eligibility Requirements and Selection Criteria:
* Bachelor degree first class honours or second class honours upper
division (B.A./B.Sc. 2nd class upper division) and M.A./M.Sc.
* At the time of application, generally no more than six years should have passed since the applicant gained the last degree
* 2 field research phases (of altogether 12 months) are possible in your home country
* As a rule, the grant is preceded by a 4 or 6 months lasting language
course (selection date is once a year, generally at the end of January).
* German language skills are not expected.
* Age limit: 36 years
The DAAD will reimburse an appropriate flat-rate travel allowance
after the applicant’s arrival in Germany. So please observe that the
travel expenses have to be financed in advance.
Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany
9 Lake Maracaibo Close, off Amazon Street
Abuja / Nigeria
Tel.: (+234) 9 220 8010/11/12; -805 880 8800; -706 410 8800
Fax: (+234) 9 220 8009
Application address for these Provinces:
Oyo, Ogun, Osun, Ondo, Lagos, Ekiti, Edo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Imo, Abia, Cross River, Ebonyi, Enugu, Anambra
Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany
15, Walter Carrington Crescent
Tel.: (+234) -1 280 9966/67
Fax: (+234) -1 280 9969