The PTDF Scholarship scheme 2013/2014 is now open for application for Undergraduate, Masters and PhD students to study in Nigeria and Overseas
Eligible Field of Study
List Of Approved Courses For Sponsorship
Scholarships will be offered for admission into the under listed courses (for overseas MSc). Candidates are advised, to apply for admission into Universities in the UK and France that offer these courses, while applying for the Petroleum Technology Development Fund Scholarship.
1. Asset Management (Engineering Asset Management)
2. Basin Evolution and Dynamics
3. Diving and Underwater Technology
4. Energy Systems Engineering
5. Environmental Engineering
6. Environmental Remote Sensing
7. Fire & Explosion Engineering
8. Health Safety and Environment
9. Marine Computational Fluid Dynamics
10. Maritime Operations
11. Occupational Health and Safety
12. Offshore and Ocean Technology
13. Offshore Engineering
14. Pipeline Engineering
15. Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
16. Refinery Design and Operations
17. Subsea Engineering
18. Thermal Power (Gas Turbine Option)
19. Welding Engineering
20. Design of Rotating Machines
21. Control Systems
22. Hydraulic Engineering (France)
23. Fluid Mechanics and Energetics (France)
B. PhD Priority Research Areas
The PhD research areas in addition to the afore-listed MSc program areas may also include any of the following related areas:
1. Environmental Studies and HSE (Health, Safety and Environment).
2. Marginal Fields Development.
3. Flow Assurance and Pipeline Engineering.
4. Geology and Petroleum Geology.
5. Civil and Marine Engineering.
6. Renewable Energy.
7. Reservoir Engineering/Production Technology.
8. Refining Technology.
9. Ship Building & Marine Technology.
Scholarship Type: Undergraduate, Masters and PhD scholarships in Nigeria and Overseas
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
A. UNDER GRADUATE (Nigeria Only)
1. Possession of 5 credits in WAEC/SSCE/NECO including English Language and Mathematics
2. Must have concluded the 1st year of their study in any of the PTDF upgraded Federal Universities listed above.
3. Must have scored a minimum CGPA of 3.0 on scale of 5 or 4.5 on a scale of 7 in their 1st Year.
4. Must scan and attach a copy of their admission letter
5. Students admitted into the University through Direct Entry i.e. 200 level must have either of the following:
i. Minimum of Upper Credit at the Diploma level
ii. Minimum of 10 points in interim Joint Matriculation Board (I.J.M.B) examination.
iii. Minimum of 8 points at the Advanced Level General Certificate of Education (G.C.E).
B. MSc (Overseas)
1. A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) in an Oil and Gas related field OR a 2.2 with oil and gas industry experience
2. National Youth Service (NYSC) certificate
3. Applicants must be computer literate
4. Possession of O/level with Credit in English Language in WAEC/SSCE (C6) or NECO (C4);
5. Applicants must not be above 30 years of age
Applicants without credit in English language as in (4) above but possess any of the following may apply
i. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
ii. G.R.E ( Graduate Record Examination)
iii. GMAT –for Management related courses
iv. International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
I. Applicants must be in the academics in Nigerian Institutions, teaching an oil and gas related discipline;
II. Applicants must possess minimum of 2.2 in their first degree and a good second degree certificate;
III. Applicants must submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than 5 pages) to include: Topic, introduction, objective, methodology and mode of data collection;
IV. Applicants must include a valid admission letter;
V. Applicants must not be over 40 years of age; and;
VI. Applicants must include their masters degree project
Number of Scholarships: Several
Value of Scholarship
Full fee financial award and expense
Duration of Scholarship: for the duration of the degree programme
To be taken at (country): Overseas and Nigerian higher institutions
List of Nigerian Universities:
- African University of Science and Technology – Petroleum Engineering
- Institute of Petroleum Studies, Port Harcourt
- University of Port Harcourt- Gas Eng
- University of Ibadan- Petroleum Eng
- University of Nigeria Nsukka- Geology
- University of Benin- Chemical Engineering
- University of Jos- Mining & Geology
- University of Maiduguri – Geology
- Ahmadu Bello University – Chemical Eng
- Usman Dan Fodio University – Industrial Chemistry
- University of Uyo – Chemical & Petroleum Eng
- Bayero University Kano – Electrical Eng
Closing date for applications is 5th April 2013.
Offered annually? Yes
How to Apply
Application Forms can be accessed online at APPLICATION WEBSITE .
Documents To Scan And Attach To The Application Form
Applicants are advised to scan copies of the following documents and attach to their online application forms:
- First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result
- NYSC discharge certificate
- WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO Results or provide PIN numbers on the application forms to enable PTDF view the results on the relevant website.
- Recent Passport Photograph
- Local Government Identification Letter
- Master’s Degree Certificate (PhD Applicants only)
- Admission Letter (PhD Applicants)
The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF)
Kindly visit and like our FACEBOOK PAGE and follow us on TWITTER (@scholarshipNG) for updates.
Medical and paramedical should also be empowered.Why deny them all these life-changing opportunities? A nation without good and healthy citizens are mountains without slope.ReplyDelete
There are quite a number of scholarships for medical and paramedical students. Scholarships like Agbami.Delete
engineering still partake in agbamiDelete
Is this scholarship for Chemical Engineers in UNIBEN? No Social Science?ReplyDelete
I think students studying any science course can apply under the undergraduate scholarship category;ReplyDelete
They only said the candidate;
"Must have concluded the 1st year of their study
in any of the PTDF upgraded Federal Universities
There is no harm in trying.
What about those in maritime academy?Do we also have a chance to participate?ReplyDelete
why the segregation among schools,why wont graet zikite(Nnamdi Azikiwe University)be among the shortlisted university....is not fair at all...!ReplyDelete
Please wat kind of questions does PTDF ask?ReplyDelete