WHO CAN APPLY?
- Students must be citizens of Nigeria,
- Currently enrolled in a first degree programme at an accredited and approved university in Nigeria, and;
- Must have gained admission during the 2012/2013 academic session.
The Scholarship is in two categories - the National Merit Award (NM) and the Areas of Operation Merit Award, East or West (OE or OW).
-National Merit Award (NM)
Open to Nigerians who are not indigenes of SPDC’s operational areas (in Abia, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers States).
-Areas of Operation Merit Award, East (OE)
For Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational areas in Abia, Akwa Ibom, Imo, Rivers and Bayelsa states (excluding indigenes of Ekeremor and Sagbama local government areas).
-Areas of Operation Merit Award, West (OW)
For Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational area in Bayelsa (i.e indigenes of Ekeremor and Sagbama Local Government areas) and Delta States.
HOW TO APPLY
- All applicants should have their personal valid email accounts (for consistent communication).
- Candidates who meet the above entry qualifications should apply online to provide required personal and educational details, and load scanned copies of the following:
- A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant (i.e. jpeg format, that is not more than 200kilobytes);
- University or JAMB (UTME or D/E) Admission Letter;
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Scores;
- ‘O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable; and
- Letter of Identification from State (showing Local Government) of Origin.
for the Operational Area Awards (OE & OW) are to provide scanned
copies of identification letters (duly stamped and signed) from;
- The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and
- The Chairman of the Community Development or Executive Council (CDC or CEC).
How much does Shell Pay?
Shell (SPDC) pays N75,000 per beneficiary every year. However, this amount is subject to change. (prior to the 2010/2011 session, Shell paid N50,000 per beneficiary)
- Shell does not demand payment from applicants, the application is entirely free of charge.
- SPDC does not assign ‘Representatives’ / ‘Agents’ to assist applicants’ process applications.
- Applications should be submitted online before October 31st, 2013.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Kindly Click Here to Visit and Like our Facebook Page or follow us on TWITTER (@scholarshipNG) for prompt updates on more opportunities.