WHO CAN APPLY?
The merit-based scholarship is in two categories - the National Merit Award (NM) and the Areas of Operation Merit Award, East or West (OE or OW).
- National Merit Award (NM) Open to all Nigerians.
- Areas of Operation Merit Award, East (OE) For Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational area in Abia, Akwa Ibom, Imo, Rivers and Bayelsa states (excluding indigenes of Ekeremor and Sagbama local government areas).
- Areas of Operation Merit Award, West (OW) For Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational area in Bayelsa (i.e. of Ekeremor and Sagbama local government areas) and Delta States.
Eligible Applicants must:
- Be citizens of Nigeria, currently enrolled in an accredited and approved university in Nigeria.
- Have gained admission during the 2013/2014 academic session, and pursuing a first degree programme.
- Have a minimum of seven O/Levels credits, including Mathematics and English.
- Be enrolled full‐time, in a university in Nigeria at the undergraduate level with a minimum grade point average of 3.5 at the time of application (attach transcripts or official records)
- All applicants should have their personal valid email accounts (for consistent communication).
who meet the above entry qualifications should apply online, and to
provide the required personal and educational details, and load scanned
copies of the following:
- A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant (i.e. jpeg format, not more than 200kilobytes);
- University or JAMB (UTME or D/E) Admission Letter;
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Scores;
- ‘O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable; and
- Letter of Identification from State (showing Local Government) of Origin.
- Scanned copies of letters of identification, (which must be duly stamped and signed) by:
- The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and
- The Chairman of the Community Development or Executive Council (CDC or CEC) is also required of applicants for the Operational Area Awards (OE & OW). The letters should be addressed to The Manager, Sustainable Development (UIO/G/NRS), Shell Petroleum Development Company, Port Harcourt.
- Shell does not demand payment from applicants. The application is FREE of charge.
- Shell does not assign ‘Representatives’/‘Agents’ to assist applicants’ process applications.
- Applications should be submitted online before 18th of September 2015.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Kindly Click Here to Visit and Like our Facebook Page or follow us on TWITTER (@scholarshipNG) for prompt updates on more opportunities.