Application Deadline: 31st August 2016
To be taken at (country): Any allocated country in Europe within the EU
Eligible Field of Study: None. Interested candidate can only apply for one type of traineeship at a time – administrative or translation.
About the Award: A traineeship at the European Commission is much more than just a professional experience. Each batch of trainees organises a huge range of non-formal learning, social activities, from football to wine-tasting and much in between – in true bureaucratic fashion, each with its own organising committee. There are usually 40-50 of such activities to choose from.
The main social committee is the Trainees’ Committee, which organises parties and social events in Brussels and Luxembourg. Among the most popular events are the Job Fair, which is meant to help you work out your next steps in your professional life, and the prestigious Euroball.
Eligibility: The traineeship programme is open to university graduates, from all over the world who have a:
- Degree of at least 3 years of study (minimum a Bachelor);
- Very good knowledge of English or French or German (C1/C2 level in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages);
- Very good knowledge of a second EU official language (required for nationals of EU countries).
Candidate can apply once per session but as many times as you want until you are finally selected. If you do not pass the pre-selection, or you are in the Blue Book but not selected for a traineeship, you will have to submit again your application. It will undergo again the pre-selection with no guarantee that you will successfully pass it and be in the Blue Book again.
Selection Criteria: Candidates are anonymously evaluated in the assessment phase by two different evaluators, on the basis of following criteria:
- Level of education (a full university degree of at least three years of studies is mandatory);
- Language level in one of the three European Commission working/procedural languages (English, French, German) other than your mother tongue/s (mandatory);
- Language level in the remaining European official languages and/or non EU-languages, if applicable;
- Relevance of work experience, if applicable;
- International profile – experience of living/working abroad (mobility);
- Motivation and quality of reasoning;
- IT Skills, organisational skills, publications and rare domains of study.
For the level of education, candidates can send:
- the certificate/s with the final grade/s clearly mentioned;
- the Europass Diploma Supplement, if available;
- university transcripts.
Value of Traineeship:
- You will receive a monthly grant of approximately €1,120 and reimbursement of travel expenses. Accident and health insurance can also be provided.
- Every year, there are about 1,300 places available.
- hands-on experience in an international and multicultural environment. This can be an important enrichment for your further career.
- Visa costs and related medical fees may be reimbursed together with the travel expenditures.
How to Apply: CLICK HERE for more details
CLICK HERE TO VISIT OFFICIAL TRAINEESHIP WEBSITE
Kindly Click Here to Visit and Like our Facebook Page or follow us on TWITTER (@scholarshipNG), BB Channel (C001A507B) for prompt updates on more opportunities.