The Federal Scholarship Board by the Federal Ministry of Education
is offering the 2017/2018 Bilateral Educational Agreement
(BEA) Scholarship Awards for Undergraduate, Masters and PhD students to
Choice of Country for Beneficiaries to Study:
Russia, China, Morocco, Turkey, Algeria, Romania, Serbia, Japan,
Ukraine, Cuba, Greece, Czech Republic, Syria, Macedonia, Mexico, Egypt,
Accepted Subject Areas
level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics,
Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences,
Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc; and
About the Federal Government Scholarship:
- Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and Ph.D) in all fields.
Honourable Minister of Education, is hereby inviting interested and
qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2017/2018 Nomination Interview
for Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards for:
(UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary,
Egypt, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Ukraine, Japan, Macedonia; and
(PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were
obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico,
South Korea, e.t.c.
• Undergraduate Scholarship:
applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum
qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior
Secoundary School Certificate, WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects
relevant to their fields of study including English Language and
- Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2015 & 2016).
- Age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
• Postgraduate Scholarship:
- All applicants must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have
completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment
practice in Nigeria.
- All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C.
- Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be
prepared to undertake a mandatory one year foreign languare of the
country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction; and
• All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship must visit the website: www.stipendumhungaricum.hu.
The 2017/2018 BEA interviews are between Monday 13th February – Thursday 16th February 2017
across the six geopolitical zones. Candidates are advised to apply online before these dates.
The participating countries
are responsible for the tuition and accommodation, while Nigeria government takes care of the following;
• $500 monthly for supplementation.
• $250 yearly for warm clothing.
• $200 yearly for Health Insurance.
• $500 yearly for medical scholars only.
• $1000 for PG research grant yearly were applicable.
• N100,000 – Take off for PG scholars were applicable
• N60,000 – Take off for UG scholars were applicable
DURATION OF SCHOLARSHIP
The duration of the scholarship offer ranges from 4- 9 years depending on the level of study and the country.
Interview Dates and Zones (Venues):
North West: Location of interview is Kasu Main Campus
- Mon 13th Feb: Sokoto and Zamfara states
- Tues 14th Feb: Kano and Kebbi states
- Wed 15th Feb: Jigawa and Katsina states
- Thurs 16th Feb: Kaduna state
North East: Location of interview is FGGC Jalingo, Taraba State
- Mon 13th Feb: Borno and Yobe states
- Tues 14th Feb: Bauchi and Gombe states
- Wed 15th Feb: Adamawa state
- Thurs 16th Feb: Taraba state
North Central: Crowther Memorial College, Lokoja Kogi state
- Mon 13th Feb: Benue state and FCT
- Tues 14th Feb: Niger and Plateau states
- Wed 15th Feb: Nasarawa and Kwara state
- Thurs 16th Feb: Kogi state
South West: School of Science, Okebola, Ibadan, Oyo state
- Mon 13th Feb: Osun and Ondo states
- Tues 14th Feb: Lagos and Ogun states
- Wed 15th Feb: Ekiti state
- Thurs 16th Feb: Oyo state
South South: Federal COE Tech Permanent Site along Asaba-Ibusa rd., Asaba, Delta state
- Mon 13th Feb: Cross River and Rivers states
- Tues 14th Feb: Akwa Ibom and Bayelsa states
- Wed 15th Feb: Edo state
- Thurs 16th Feb: Delta state
South East: Law Faculty, Ebonyi State University, Ebonyi state
What to bring to Interview:
- Mon 13th Feb: Anambra state
- Tues 14th Feb: Imo state
- Wed 15th Feb: Abia and Enugu states
- Thurs 16th Feb: Ebonyi state
eligible applicants are to report for interview at the venues scheduled
for their respective Zones of origin for proper identification. Two
sets of the Printed Completed application forms are usually submitted at
the various interview centres with the following attachments:
How to Apply:
sets of Photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonials of
previous schools attended with the originals for sighting;
certificate is accepted i.e WAEC of May/June only; • Statement of
results must be confirmed by WAEC and forwarded to the
Director/Secretary, Federal Scholarship Board, Abuja;
- Two copies of Birth certificate
- State of Origin/LGA certificate duly signed, stamped and dated;
- Four (4) passport sized coloured photographs on white background;
- Academic transcripts and NYSC certificates will be required from applicants for Postgraduate Studies.
nominated and finally selected by the awarding BEA countries will be
required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
- Photocopies of Authenticated academic certificates;
- Data page of current International passport, and
- Specified Medical Reports & Police clearance certificate.
Federal Government of Nigeria through the Federal Ministry Of
Education, through the Federal Scholarship Board (FSB), Plot 245 Samuel
Ademulegun Street Central Business District, Abuja
Kindly Click Here to Visit and Like our Facebook Page or follow us on TWITTER (@scholarshipNG), BB Channel (C001A507B) for prompt updates on more opportunities